Jerry, fantastic

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Music Composed and Performed by Jerry Fess

A friend of an actress friend of mine contacted me yesterday about composing music for a short film they just finished producing. The film is about 8 minutes long and is silent - which means it's all music. They want original cello music for the film - and I - being a cellist and somewhat of a composer seem to fit the bid. Sure 8 minutes of cello music perhaps doesn't sound like a terrible feat - but ya never know. Composing music for a vision someone else has labored over for months or years can be quite the feat. but I'm not scared-in fact I'm totally excited about doing this. I also just found out from the director that they are going to enter the film short in the Cannes Film Festival this March. WOW! What a cool project to be a part of! And being that March is a month away, they need the music done and recorded ASAP. They're wanting to fly me out to NY to record. Another WOW! I've just seen a cut of the film and have jotted down some ideas. I talk with the director in a couple days! To be continued........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home